Christian Dior Haute Couture - S/S 04.

This has to be one of, if not my favourite, collections ever.

This was the first collection by John Galliano that really made me realise how much of an artist he is. As can clearly be seen, the full collection is based off his trip to Egypt, taken just before he started designing the pieces.

I'm a bit obsessed with all things ancient Egypt so, of course, this collection appealed to me. But I just found every single piece to be perfect.
It's over the top, exaggerated and different from what other designers were doing at the time. Which for most, was nothing special. I also love that I can look at it today and still appreciate it.

The head pieces and all the jewels add to the dresses themselves and the way the models were asked to walk was very angular and made the collection feel even more realistic.

What I also loved about the collection was the make-up. Which, is amazing. I'm 99% the make-up looks are Pat McGrath, it looks like her work and I know John Galliano loves her. Let me know if I'm wrong though!

P.s here's a link in case anyone wants to drool over the collection!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RoWGyvS91I

0 comments:

Post a Comment